Friday, March 02, 2007

Another noticed thing

Sharing some pizza with the Prospective Students and basically everybody else either in the building or within a short radius of the building, I was watching the different groups of people. I thought of something that I think is ridculously funny.

You know how, supposedly, a shark can only keep breathing so long as it keeps swimming? Something to do with having to force water past its gills, or something? Well, I think there are a number of people in the department who can only keep breathing so long as they are talking.

Furthermore, some of these people can probably keep breathing only so long as they keep talking about themselves. Further furthermore, they may need to keep talking about how great and awesome they are, especially in comparison to whoever they are talking to. (More appropriately, "whoever they are talking at".)

I'm not kidding. I really think this might be true. Just you look around you.

No comments: