Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Missed one.

In my last message, when I was identifying potential origins for Skynet, I completely forgot about an extremely obvious one.

Google.

Google seems especially dangerous because everything they do and offer works so very well. What I am writing right this minute will soon be posted on a Google-affiliated site, Blogger. My primary email address is a Gmail one. The search engine I use, almost exclusively, is Google.

Do you know where the name Google comes from? According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, it was originally inspired by googol, which is the name of a very large number, namely 1 followed by 100 zeros. Somewhere along the line there was a spelling mistake, and thus Google was born.

I am beginning to suspect that I didn't really forget to add Google to the list in my last post. I think I may have been subconsciously influenced by Blogger. Or maybe I actually did add it to my list, but then Blogger automatically censored it. And then mind-wiped me as well.

I'll have to be more careful about this in the future.

No comments: