Monday, June 04, 2007

The best $38.87 I ever spent.



Before I get started, I want to apologize. I just scanned my last entry, and I think it was poorly organized and spent too much space on uninteresting topics. My apologies.

Now, on with the show. Today I bought season one of The Muppet Show. It was the best thirty-eight dollars and eighty-seven cents I ever spent. Ever.

I think my favorite character is Zoot, the sleepy saxophonist named Zoot. (His picture is above.) Or maybe it's the comedic duo of Statler and Waldorf, pictured below.



The show is brilliant. I just watched Ruth Buzzi wrestle the monstrous to the ground. Amazing, absolutely amazing. And now she just tickled Kermit the Frog to the ground.

Writing down the dollar amount reminded me of something funny that a fellow math grad student told me. You know when you're spelling out the dollar amount on a check, and then you write the change as a fractional number of dollars? (Fifty-two cents is written 52/100.) Well, he said that he used to sometimes reduce the fraction. So instead of 52/100, he would write 13/25. He said that he stopped doing this after a store refused to take the check and made him write out another one.

This morning I saw a Time Warner Cable truck drive by, and it was inscribed with their current motto: "Time Warner Cable - The Power of You". I thought of another way of writing it.

st2 + uTime Warner Cable + x2y3


Do you get it?

No comments: