Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I ought to know by now.

I ought to know by now not to listen to comedy on my iPod while commuting by bus, or waiting for the bus, especially not if I'm listening to it for the first time. It's very embarrassing when I laugh out loud, especially when it escalates to the "guffaw" level. I'm sure people can figure out that I'm listening to something funny, but they still give me weird looks. Even weirder than usual, I mean. I think there's something about the mornings especially that makes me much more susceptible to streams of hysterical laughter. It's probably either the altered mental state associated with sleep deprivation, or the giddiness I sometimes get at my first glimpse of and whiff at a particularly beautiful and fragrant morning.

This morning I was listening to the comedian Gabriel Iglesias. He's an excellent mimic, and an extremely funny man. I highly recommend his work.

No comments: